17 Nov 20. | Author: John Doe

Beta Launch Delay

I was hoping to share exciting news about our planned launch today. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I can’t emphasize enough how much work everyone is putting in. But no matter how much work you do – with software especially – there are unexpected things that come up. We ran into some backend issues both with files, some naming structures, and also with how we classify some of the art assets. Nothing insurmountable. All easily fixable, if a little time consuming.

What does that mean for launch date?

All hands are on deck as we work through these fixes. We plan to have a code freeze November 23. This will allow us to do some testing, so we’re fully prepped and ready for a December 1 launch. Yes – this is a bigger delay than we wanted. But we also don’t want to launch a couple of days before Thanksgiving. We want to be able to test for and resolve bugs.

For Kickstarter Backers

If possible, we’ll be reaching out to many of you to give you the opportunity to test things out, prior to December 1 release. Let us know if you want on that list. If you have other questions or anything, please let me know. You can contact us here in the comments, on our social media, or at hello@beneverending.com

I assure you everyone is doing their best. None of us are happy about the delay. We are going to get you a really good product and I think you’ll enjoy even just the Beta version of the Character Builder.

– Jamie